Purpose and Application
- describe what types of Personal Information (as described below) we collect from customers, potential customers and visitors to our website and stores;
- set out the purposes for which we use Personal Information;
- identify the third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information;
- describe how we safeguard Personal Information;
- set out what rights you have regarding Personal Information; and
- let you know how to contact us if you have questions or concerns.
Personal Information and Collection
Use of Information
WIND Mobile and its affiliates may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
to send you marketing and other communications;
- to conduct marketing research;
- to understand your needs and preferences and your eligibility for our products & services;
- to develop and enhance our products and services;
- to provide you products and services, including sending and receiving confirmations, communications and bills, validating your identity, providing you support, authorizing and processing payments or performing credit checks;
- to respond to specific requests from you;
- to administer and manage our business and operations, including the protection of the security and integrity of our services and our website; and
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected, and will only retain your Personal Information only as long as we require it for such purposes.
Disclosure of Information
WIND Mobile will disclose Personal Information it collects to independent contractors of WIND Mobile, subsidiaries and affiliates of WIND Mobile, consultants, business associates, authorized retailers, dealers, suppliers, service providers (including other communication service providers) and credit and collection agencies, if and to the extent the disclosure will enable that party to perform a function related to one of the purposes described above.
Some service providers may be located in other jurisdictions that do not have privacy legislation similar to that found in Canada, and information in such jurisdictions may be accessed pursuant to the laws of those countries.
We may from time to time engage in transactions such as the sale or securitization of assets, the sale of shares in our company, amalgamations and similar transactions and will disclose Personal Information to other persons in connection with their review of such a transaction.
We will also disclose Personal Information as required to meet legal and regulatory requirements or in respect of calls made to public safety answering points (including 911 calls).
Safeguarding Personal Information
- refuse to provide us with your Personal Information;
- ask us for access to Personal Information that we possess;
- ask us to correct any inaccuracies or omissions in your Personal Information; or
- ask us to remove Personal Information we possess, subject to reasonable notice, existing legal or regulatory obligations and our reasonable business requirements
However, we may not be able to offer you some of our services or functions of our website if you do not provide us with certain Personal Information or ask for your Personal Information to be removed. Marketing communications will only be sent to you if you elect to receive them when you register on our website or when you sign up for our services. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” option (in the case of e-mail communications), visiting our website or contacting our call centre.
WIND complies with Canadian privacy law and take active steps to fully safeguard the information of our customers. At the same time we are compelled by law to respond to federal, provincial and municipal government and law enforcement agencies when they have a legally valid request ‐ like a search warrant or court order. Our customers' privacy is important to us and that is why we have issued a Transparency Report. This report is designed to provide more details on the number and types of requests we received in 2013.
Download our 2013 Transparency Report
Links to other sites
solicit Personal Information from you. Other sites and online services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and/or disclosure of Personal Information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites or online services you visit before providing any information or using such websites or services.
Chief Privacy Officer
Globalive Wireless Management Corp.
207 Queen’s Quay West
Suite 710, PO Box 114
Toronto, ON M5J 1A7
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.